W&A Engineering is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Athens, Georgia, and has branch offices in Atlanta, Augusta, Cumming, and Monroe, Georgia as well as Charlotte, North Carolina, and Nashville, Tennessee. Known for our innovative design, efficient engineering, and professional service, W&A is the trusted partner of community leaders and developers driving sustainable growth throughout the United States. Utilizing a mix of creative and analytical engineering, along with extensive real-world experience, our team efficiently moves projects from inception to completion in a wide variety of public and private sectors. W&A Engineering provides on-call economic development services to communities, has project experience in 46 states, and continues to expand services and forge partnerships in the most dynamic cities.
Founded in 1999 by Jon Williams, W&A Engineering (formerly Williams & Associates) has grown from a one-person operation into a diverse company with five core departments: Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Traffic Engineering, and Economic Development. Municipal Services and Planning & Development Consulting round out our services, combining all disciplines to best serve our clients. In 2018, W&A Engineering launched an office in Nashville, Tennessee, to further expand our goal of improving communities with innovative design, effective and efficient engineering, and professional service.
W&A’s talented civil engineers, traffic engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, economic development consultants, planners, and support staff consistently provide superior customer service through open communication, accessibility, respectfulness, and honesty. Our expert knowledge and understanding of the planning and development process allows us to provide sound advice to each and every client while creating future standards of excellence in engineering and design.
W&A Engineering is an energetic and dedicated team of highly skilled, solution-oriented civil and traffic engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, economic development consultants, and planners. We strive to balance the needs of our clients with the needs of the community to improve the built environment and encourage quality projects in the public and private sectors.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in nine states
- Landscape Architect (LA) in four states
- Registered Land Surveyor (RLS) in Georgia
- LEED™ Accredited Professional
- LEED™ Green Associate
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
- ISA Certified Arborist
- NPDES LEVEL II Certification
- GDOT & TDOT Prequalified
- 2022 Hot Firm #60 by Zweig Group
- 2022 Zweig Group ‘Best Firm to Work For’
- 2022 Georgia Titan 100
- 2022 University of Georgia Bulldog 100 List of Fastest Growing Companies
- 2021 ASCE Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2021 ACC Business and Industry Waste Reduction Award
- 2021 goBeyondProfit Champion Award
- 2021 Bulldog 100 List of Fastest Growing Companies
- 2020 Annual Athens Preservation Award for Outstanding Rehabilitation