JOIN OUR TEAM— Available Positions!
Traffic/ Transportation Engineer
W&A Engineering is seeking an experienced and energetic Traffic/ Transportation Engineer to contribute positively to the overall success and growth of W&A’s traffic engineering department. The right candidate will work as a member of the project team to provide assistance to senior management and the Director of Traffic Engineering and possess advanced level design and drafting skills. Qualified candidates will have strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with employees, applicants, clients, consultants, contractors, and vendors on a variety of levels as well as developed presentation skills. Applying applicants must have an advanced level of proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Synchro, and HCS. Applicants must also have an active Professional Engineer license in good standing with the State of Georgia.
• Active PE license registered in the State of Georgia
• 5+ Years of Traffic Engineering Experience
• Prepare studies and reports, construction plans, specifications, construction details, and estimates.
• Provide project-related code analysis and interpretation as required.
• Maintain proficiency in analyzing and developing project specifications.
• Meet with clients, builders, contractors, engineers, architects, and landscapers to explain and develop project goals.
• Meet with reviewing agencies to understand local Codes and guidelines, plan review process, and permitting requirements.
• Organize and coordinate phases of project development and permitting.
• Assist the Project Manager in all phases of project design, analysis, review, development, permitting, and implementation.
• Use CAD to prepare construction plans for projects.
• Use traffic engineering software to analyze projects and prepare reports.
• Manage project timelines.
• Track and input all project hours to ensure effective job costing and billing.